Nagasaki University Japanese Language and Culture Program (JLCP)JLCP is open for students from our partner universities, and offers classes on the Japanese language as well as culture. These classes provide students with opportunities to improve Japanese proficiency and explore various aspects of Japanese culture. Students will develop intercultural understanding of one another’s culture through interacting with those from different backgrounds.
JLCP is a non-fee-paying program. However, fees will apply (i.e. fee-paying) when the number of students exceeds the quantity stated in the Memorandum of Understanding on Student Exchange Based on Academic Cooperation Agreement between partner universities and Nagasaki University.
- Admission Requirements
- Applicants to JLCP must be regular undergraduate students who are currently enrolled at the partner universities of Nagasaki University. As a general rule, they also must satisfy the following requirements.
①Applicants’ major or minor field of study must be Japanese language and culture.
Or ones whose primary purpose is to learn Japanese language and culture.
②Applicants must have non-Japanese nationality.
③Applicants must have good academic standing in their home universities.
④Applicants must have passed N3 or higher level of Japanese Proficiency Test (JLPT) or relevant.
⑤Applicants must have non-Japanese nationality.
- Study Period
- Fall semester:
from the end of September to the end of March (6 months)
from the end of September to the end of September (1 year)
from early-April to the end of September (6 months)
from early-April to the end of March (1 year)
- Program Capacity
- About 50 students*/semester (about 30 for “Non-Fee-Paying Course”, about 20 for “Fee-Paying Course”)
*the number of recruiting students may change depending on the number of participants of the program. Please contact us regarding recruiting number.
Contact; firstname.lastname@example.org (Japanese, English, Chinese and Korean available)
- Please refer to “Nagasaki University Japanese Language and Culture Program (JLCP) Brochure” for JLCP courses. For the details of courses, please refer to the syllabus.Nagasaki University Japanese Language and Culture Program (JLCP) Syllabus
- 1 Application Announcement End of Feburary
- 2 Application Deadline April 1
- 3 Selection Mid-April to June
- 4 Notification of Acceptance Late June
Delivery of Acceptance Form
and Certificate of Eligibility Mid to late August
- 6 Arrival in Japan Mid-September
- 1 Application Announcement Early September
- 2 Application Deadline October 20
- 3 Selection December – January
- 4 Notification of Acceptance Mid-January
Delivery of Acceptance Form
and Certificate of Eligibility Mid-February – early March
- 6 Arrival in Japan Mid-March
Nagasaki University Japanese Language and Culture Program (JLCP)
Fall Enrollment：April 1
Spring Enrollment：October 20
※You must be nominated by your home university.