Nagasaki University International Summer/Winter Program
Nagasaki University welcomes students who wish to “feel” Nagasaki through Japanese language lessons and cultural experiences!
This is an English-taught program for the students who are enrolled at overseas university.
* Winter Program 2020 will be conducted online due to the COVID-19 situation.
- Program Contents
Japanese Language lessons
Japanese language lessons for beginners or students who have N3 or equivalent level of Japanese Proficiency Test (JLPT)
Special lectures under the theme of Japan and Nagasaki
Japanese Animation, Understanding Contemporary Japanese Society by Keywords, History of Nagasaki, Nagasaki and Atomic Bomb etc.
Japanese Culture Experience
Kimono-wearing, Sushi Making Experience, Traditional Music, Flower Pressing, Tea Ceremony, Kamaboko (Fish-paste) Making etc.
Overnight Field Trip & city tour
Iojima Island, Unzen (hot spring), Nagasaki Atomic Bomb Museum, Nagasaki Museum of History and Culture etc.
- Certificate of Completion will be issued for those who attend whole program, from the opening ceremony to the closing ceremony, without any absence nor lateness.
- The latest program information is available here!
- Japanese Language lessons
- Students who are enrolled at overseas universities.
- To take out overseas travel insurance which covers the whole period of the program.
- To have sufficient English language skills to attend English-taught classes.
- Participation Fee
- Please check the Program Outline of the program you wish to apply to. Participation fee differs depending on the program duration, the time of program, and the contents.
- Ex. 95,000 JPY for Winter Program (a two-week program)
- Participation fee should be wire-transferred to the designated bank account by the deadline.
- Participation Fee does not include fees for flight, insurance, pick-up and drop-off at airport
- Participants should pay travel expenses to Nagasaki University, overseas travel insurance, and the cost of meals on their own.
- Application Procedure
- Required Documents and Data
- Copy of Passport
- Certificate of Enrollment issued by applicant’s home university（in English）
- ID photo data
- You do not need to send hard copies of application documents.
- Participants will stay either at a university dormitory or a hotel.
【Schedule from Application to the program Participation】
- 1 Application Starts Mid-April
- 2 Application Deadline Mid-May
- 3 Payment Deadline End of May
- 4 Arrival in Japan Early August
- 1 Application Starts Early October
- 2 Application Deadline Early November
- 3 Payment Deadline Mid-November
- 4 Arrival in Japan Early February
* Regarding Entry to Japan
You may need to obtain a visa to attend the program. The visa for this program should be the short-term-stay, NOT a student visa. For detailed information, please contact the nearest embassy/consulate of Japan in your country. Also, please inform us if you are required to obtain a visa.
* Arrival Support
We will set the time and date for arrival. If you can come the designate airport on designated time and date, university staff will guide you to the accommodation from the airport.