(February 13, 2020) General Guidelines for COVID-19 (2019 Novel Coronavirus)
Following the outbreak of respiratory illness caused by COVID-19, the novel (new) coronavirus , all students at Nagasaki University are asked to follow our general guidelines for COVID-19. Also, please frequently check COVID-19 related webpages as this is a rapidly evolving situation and information will be updated as it becomes available.
- Travel ban to China
- Based on this travel ban, all travels to China, including personal travel, need to be cancelled or postponed. Students also need to be aware of the fact that the number of international flights to/from China has been cut-down drastically and coming back to Japan could be difficult.
- As of January 31, 2020, Ministry of Foreign Affairs designated Hubei Province, China, as risk 3 area – travel ban. All the other parts of China have been designated as risk 2 area – travel ban for non-essential matter.
- Prevention from being infected
- Although there is much more to learn about the transmissibility of this virus, droplet infection is assumed to be the main cause of the spread. In order to protect yourself, take preventative actions as below.
・Wash your hands often with soap and water
・Maintain healthy lifestyle to keep your immune system high
・Wear a mask
- Travelers from China
- All travelers from China are subject to submit a body temperature report after they return to Japan. Body temperature should be taken twice a day for two weeks, and this will be conducted regardless of his/her health condition. Please contact student affairs office of your department every time you take your temperature to report the result. If you have any symptoms such as fever, sore throat, and sneeze, immediately contact Nagasaki University Hospital Infection Control and Education Center. (Contact during the day: 095-819-7731/ Holiday and Night: 080-2777-7426)
- Online System for Overseas Travel Registry
- Please make sure to register your travel information into Online System for Overseas Travel Registry before you travel abroad. At the same time, please notify your contact information overseas to your family members and friends before you leave Japan.
・Online System for Overseas Travel Registry: